A Reason for Spelling, Level B Set
ISBN: 330220 | Distributed by Review and Herald Publishing | Copyright 2009
Eight Fun Ways to Learn—Every Week!
1. Word Shapes: Letter Shape Boxes are a research-based method that helps form a visual image of correctly spelled words.
2. Hide and Seek: A great way to enhance word recognition! Includes a teacher-directed activity for lower grades and a self-check version for upper grades.
3. Other Word Forms: Various activities introduce students to other forms of each week’s spelling words.
4. Fun Ways to Spell: Offers Visual, Tactile and Auditory Teacher options that provide fun learning styles.
5. Dictation Sentences: Students listen and write dictated words to complete sentences. Strengthens word usage and context skills.
6. Proofreading: A weekly proofreading activity helps students develop skills in recognizing misspelled words. The format is identical to many national standardized tests.
7. Weekly Games: These learning games and word puzzles build interest and knowledge for correct spelling. Games can be played multiple times and removed for take-home fun!
8. Journaling: This assignment allows your students to reflect on and personalize the Scripture Values Theme Story of the week.
Beyond Building Words,
You Can Now Also, Build Lives!
Nearly 400 pages, the Teacher Guidebook for each level provides a wealth of essential weekly instruction. Guidebooks contain condensed student Worktext pages with answers for all student activities and review lessons.
Teacher Guidebooks include the Weekly Theme Story, Placement Tests, Personal Spelling Dictionary Masters, Pre-tests, Post-tests, Activity Answer Keys, Teaching Tips, Thought for the Week, Values Discussion Questions, and much more.
Also features Student Flip-Folders for the research-based, time-tested “Look–Say–Hide–Write–Seek–Check” learning method.
Plus, the Guidebook shows how to create Personal Spelling Dictionaries for constantly added words from Spelling, and other classes as well.